OUR POLICIES .
Blue Horizon Lodge Rental Policies – Upon check-in, we go over the Policies with each guest. Any questions you have in regards to Policies will be answered at that time . Renter must be at least 21 years of age , credit card used for reservation must be present upon arrival along with a state issued photo ID. There are NO refunds for ; NO Shows Modifications , fewer guests or early check-outs. There are NO Cancellations or Refunds of holiday reservations.
OFFICE HOURS :
- 9:00am to 8:00pm daily and from 9:00am to 9:00pm on weekends( Thursday- Saturday )
- During Holidays check-in time is 4:00 pm checkout time is 10 am. We do close the office by 7 P.M. as we may also enjoy time with our families.
- Please return all keys to office or drop box by office door upon check-out DO NOT leave in unit.
- Please NOTE * Early check-ins /Late Check-outs are NOT available during holidays
- During Non-Holiday periods check-in time is 3:00 pm , early check-in maybe available during this time with prior arrangements.
- A late check-in fee of $25 per hour after 9:00pm with prior arrangements . If you think you may have a late arrival please call 909-366-0089 to make arrangements (prior to scheduled arrival).
- Any arrival after 9:00 p.m. will be charged at the rate of $25 per hour .
- During Holidays check-in time is 4 p.m. We are unable to accommodate early check-ins .
CHECK-OUT TIMES :
- Check-out time for Non-holiday is 11 am during non-holiday periods , a late checkout of noon maybe available with prior arrangements and subject to availability . After 12 Noon the charges start at $55 per hour non-holiday .
- Check-out time for holidays is 10:00am ( No late check-outs available during Holidays).
- A late checkout during any holiday period will result in ,(between 10:30 a.m and 12 Noon p.m.) will be at the rate of $95 per hour. After which time (Noon) the rate will be increase to an additional charge of one (1) full nights stay and will be asked to vacate the premises
- BHL policies both on sites and written supersede all others.
- Visa, Master card, Discover, American Express and Cash are accepted (NO checks accepted).
- Payment is due at time of reservation, if payment is declined you will have 24 hours after notification to provide a new form of payment . If a new payment is NOT provided within 24 hours ,reservation will be considered Null and VOID. Security Deposit will be authorized upon arrival.
- Registered guest must provide proper photo identification along with credit card used to make reservation at time of check-in.
- Payments will be forfeited on all cancellations made after period—30 days prior to arrival date during holiday periods and 14 days prior to arrival date during all other times.
- All cancellations are subject to a minimum $75 cancellation fee during regular times and minimum of 50% of total rental during holiday periods.
- There are no refunds or proration’s given for no shows, fewer guests, late check-ins or early check-outs or holiday reservations.
- We do not guarantee nor are we responsible for snow, roads or weather and do not offer refunds for these conditions, as long as one (1) route into our community is open .
NUMBER OF GUESTS
- As we MUST follow all Health, Fire and Safety Codes! Each rental has been carefully described with the maximum number of occupants to assist you in booking with us. Any questions please call 909-366-0089
- Here is an example of an incorrect occupancy : You book a rental which accommodates a maximum of 2 Guests and an infant under 18 months . Then upon arrival you have 2 adults, dog and 2 children. This is an considered unregistered guests.
- Due to this ALL monies paid will be forfeited including deposits. If we cannot move you to larger accommodations, asked to vacate premises for other accommodations which can accommodate your guests . .
- Please read the description of each rental carefully to make sure we have the proper accommodations for your stay .
- There is 1 Free parking space for cottage’s # 1,2,3, and 8 ,larger cottages have 2 parking spaces : #5,6,7 and “Cabin Fever” .
- Please note that parking spaces are exclusive to that unit.
- Parking on the Blacktop only as we have trees and lots of nature at our lodge. Please do not park on the dirt or grass.
- Per the city ordinance, there is NO parking on the street.
- You must register your vehicles at time of check-in.
- Any vehicles that not registered are subject to tow at vehicle owners expense and liability.
- No motor homes ,campers, or boats are allowed to park on premises.
SECURITY DEPOSIT :
Security Deposits are taken as an authorization only and due in full upon check-in. You as the guest are responsible for damages, your guests actions , etc. during your stay at BHL . An authorization only, may take up to 14 business days depending on your bank ,and for funds to be released. This depends on YOUR credit card company. If you decide to pay this by cash , we have 21 days to refund by check . Please Note : All conditions must be met as described on Blue Horizon Lodge Guests Policies which you signed upon arrival . Please note each rental has been inspected prior to your arrival and again on your departure .
- A Security Deposit is refunded if the unit and its contents are left clean , free of damage, no missing items and after the return of keys.
- If you notice anything upon arrival that you have questions about, please notify our office by calling 909-366-0089 within one (1) hour of arrival.
- Security deposits are due at time of check-in.
- This authorization is for any damages, repairs, replacements, losses and extra cleaning after check-out Any damages will have photos taken and on file. Guest will be contacted by e-mail, text, or phone along with the booking site which was used .
- Our guests are expected to leave the unit in reasonably the same condition as when they checked in. Dishes done, trash taken to dumpster etc.
- Policies are signed upon check-in and should be followed.
- If security deposit is guaranteed on a credit card, the authorization will expire in ten days if not charged against.
- If paid by cash, a refund will be made by check within twenty-one days. We DO NOT accept checks.
- If damages do occur and exceed the security deposit amount, the credit card on file will be charged. Guest will be notified by phone/text/e-mail, photos are taken as we may resolve the matter as quickly as possible .
Your full deposit will be forfeited along with additional charges, can apply and asked to vacate the premises without refund of any monies paid. If any of the following occurs:
- Number of people exceed occupancy of rental (including children). ALL guests must be registered at time of reservation and again upon check-in .
- Any kind of smoking in unit,including all tobacco products, vaping and any form of electronic smoking devices (all units are non-smoking).
- Having pets in a non-pet friendly unit or excessive barking
- Illegal drug use of any kind
- Disturbing the peace or the safety of other guests
- Each rental is professionally cleaned and restocked prior to your arrival. We cannot guarantee that people with allergies or other breathing disorders may not be allergic to : Cleaning products, pines , pollen, dander , etc
- You are expected to tidy up after yourselves before you check-out, which includes : taking out trash , turning off lights, during winter months heat to be turned down to 60 degrees, washing dishes, picking up pet hair, shutting windows, closing doors locking and returning keys to office.
- Housekeepers will clean fireplaces and remove ashes at NO charge to our guests
- We make every attempt to control pests, but they can be stubborn and reappear within days. Big Bear is no exception when it comes to having little creatures such as bugs, spiders and mice. If you have any problems with them while in the unit, call and we will attempt to minimize the problem. However, you should realize that they are a part of a mountain environment and must be tolerated to some extent. Also in each unit is a NATURAL bug spray which with keeping food items closed , counters clean , and items put up will also help minimize these pests. :
RESPECT OF RENTAL AND CONTENTS :
We happily prepare all our units for your convenience and pleasure as well as clean after you depart. The cleaning we provide is expected to be “normal” wear and tear cleaning, anything above and beyond will be deducted from your security deposit, as well as any damaged , stained ,excessive cleaning or missing items.
Please leave the ashes in the fireplace, and the unit in the same condition as when you arrived . We will take care of fireplace, cleaning and linens and towels after check-out.
PET FRIENDLY :
- You must inform us at the time of reservation if you are bringing a pet (Dog) No restrictive breeds are permitted.
- Failure to do so will result in forfeiture of your security deposit
- Must have current shots and licenses .
- Limit 2 per stay and not to exceed 55 pounds each
- We charge $ 15 per dog/per night until we get to know your fur babies
- Refundable security deposit, as long as all conditions are met.
- Pets are defined as a dog, not cats. Cats are not permitted in any of our units.
- Pets are not to be left alone in or around unit at any time.
- Dogs must be considered Non-restrictive Breed (We do apologize but due to insurance reasons we are not able to accept restricted breeds of dogs )
- Pets must be kept quiet at all times as not to disturb others.
- Per city leash laws, pets must be on a leash at all times when outside.
- You are responsible for picking up after your pet (waste pick up bags are available to you at office).Otherwise there is a $30 charge for us to pickup
- Should your pet have an accident in the unit, we have cleaning supplies at office. You may be charged for shampooing the carpet.
- Pets in non-pet friendly units are charged $199 non-refundable cleaning fee and normal pet fee
- Your cooperation with this policy is greatly appreciated.
If for any reason beyond the control of Blue Horizon Lodge, the cottage you reserved becomes unavailable. We reserve the right to substitute a comparable rental or cancel reservation with a full refund to cardholder
- We have a two night minimum stay over the weekend on all rentals.
- Three or four night minimum stays anytime during holiday periods.
- Cottages may be available for a one night stay weekend (non-holiday periods)and there is a $25 fee.
- Winter rates apply November 15 through March 18.
- Summer rates apply March 19 through November 14.
- All rates are per night plus bed tax, applicable taxes, security deposits and pet security deposits.
- Rates are slightly higher during the Christmas and New Year holiday.
- All rates are subject to change without notice.
WE ARE MORE COMPLEX THAN A HOTEL:
- Cottages are more complex than one room accommodations.
- We take pride in and strive to make each unit perfect for your stay.
- Although we are attentive in our care and maintenance, it would be realistic to expect the possibility of unintentional and unexpected malfunctions at any given time.
- However, should an issue occur during your stay, we have 24 hour emergency service and will stay on the task until there has been a resolution.
- Sometimes services and parts are unavailable which can be the source of delays and lead to disappointment. If this should occur it would not be practical to anticipate reparation for things outside our constraint. We appreciate your consideration and assistance if this should occur.
Please take your reservation seriously!!
Cancellations must be received in writing 30 days or more prior to your arrival date. Post marks are very important. An assessment of $100 (April-October) and $300 (November-March) for administration fees will apply. Within 30 days there is NO reimbursement of any monies unless all dates are re-rented at the same rate. The previous monies taken and other payments will be kept as agreed upon. In the event that there is a reimbursement, the administration fees will also be assessed.
*NOTE* Reservations made within 30 days of check-in is subject to our 30 day cancellation policy. No refunds on cancellations within 30 days at anytime within that time period. No cancellations are acceptable due to circumstances beyond our control, such as inclement weather and acts of Mother Nature.
HOLIDAY CANCELLATIONS :
HOLIDAY RESERVATIONS, WITHIN 30 DAYS of ARRIVAL ARE NOT REFUNDABLE !
CHECK-IN HOLIDAYS IS 4 PM. OUT IS 10 AM. NO LATE CHECK-OUT.
Cancellations made before 90 days prior to your arrival date will forfeit 10% of the total amount of the reservation and processing fees , including any unpaid balances. Cancellations made within 90 days prior to your arrival date will forfeit the entire amount.
NO REFUNDS on holiday rentals. Holiday reservations are considered final at time of reservation if booked 90 days or less from date of check-in.
To protect your holiday investment we highly recommend the purchase of trip insurance for unexpected circumstances.
Daily housekeeping is available upon request please hang out your sign between 11 am- noon ,for housekeeping . If this sign is NOT displayed our housekeeping department will NOT enter your rental . However, if there is something you wish please just ask the front desk. Per our insurance policies ” If a guest (you) have any PERSONAL ITEMS , on counters, beds, floors, counters etc . due to LIABILITY .Housekeeping may NOT touch these areas.” Please also note that if a rental is occupied by a guests housekeepers are sent in as a pair . They will not do your dishes if you would like them to do it is $25 .
- Towels, blankets, linens and pillows are supplied in the unit.
- Towel exchange is available during regular business hours only, if you do NOT wish Housekeeping
No open flames are allowed inside or around unit such as candles, open fires, fire pits or fireworks. (Fireworks are not allowed anywhere in Big BEAR)
- Parties and/or loud noise at any time in unit or on premises are not permitted.
- You will be asked to vacate and ALL Monies will be FORFIETED if this occurs.
- Quiet hours are from 9:00pm to 8:30am.
- We do offer free wireless internet service.
- However, we do not guarantee usability or availability at any time.
- Oftentimes, the systems in the area are down by no fault of ours.
- Since there is no charge for wireless internet, there is no monetary reparation for lack of service.
All units have gas wall heater, cottages have wood burning fireplace (due to past issues we sell firewood here), X-Box 360 and all basic utensils. None have air conditioning. Cottages have ceiling fans and fans.
LOST & FOUND :
Sometimes we are in a hurry when leaving to return home , and we forget an item . So, we will do our best to return items found upon your departure :
- If the item is an Expensive one -we will do our best to reach the guest by phone, by calling over and over before you leave our community
- If the item is inexpensive we will leave a message , if you wish the item returned:
- There is a minimum $20 packaging and handling fee, plus a shipping charge which must be paid in full by credit card, prior to shipping.
- After 10 days your item or items will be donated to a local charity.
WINTER MONTHS/ MOTHER NATURE:
- We suggest the purchase of a “travel cancellation policy” anytime you travel, specifically for the protection of your holiday rental venture.
- We will not be held responsible for circumstances beyond our control.
- Power failures are another part of life in the mountains, especially in the winter. If we are alerted to a problem we will do our best to help minimize or alleviate the issue in a timely manner.
- We will not offer additional compensation for an inconvenience that was addressed expeditiously. Your cooperation will be greatly appreciated.
- You are required by law to carry chains during winter months (November thru April). Weather can be VERY unpredictable. May we also suggest a flashlight .
- We will NOT be held accountable for any delays or inconveniences caused by severe weather.
- We cannot be held legally responsible for any circumstances beyond our control including power outages.
There are three roads leading into Big Bear.
- In the event that all three roads are closed at the same time, we will gladly issue you a “rain check” based on a prorated dollar amount for the duration of the time that all three roads were closed.
- Road closure times will be verified by authorities.
- Unless the roads are closed for your entire expected stay, you will be expected to utilize your remaining time.
- For road conditions call: 909-866-ROAD.
- It would not be unusual to experience commercial snow plows to be non operational or delayed. Therefore, it would be normal to find your parking area to have more snow than you might expect. Please also be aware , while we do our BEST at snow removal the follow is possible : Berms are sometimes left by the plows and can block driveways etc and may need to be shoveled prior to arrival and departure (snow shovels are available on site ) . Please note for Cabin Fever during the winter months guest maybe responsible for the cost of snow removal .
- Are good for one year from the date of issue.
- They are to be used for the unit that original reservation was made.
- Dates can differ, if there is a difference in cost, the lodger will be expected to pay the difference.
- There will be no refunds of any dollar amount if lodger decides to use rain check during another season.
- Reservations are based on availability at time of request and we do not guarantee a reservation dates on Rain Checks .
- Rain checks cannot be used for any holiday periods.
- It is the accountability of the lodger to obtain other reservation dates as well as be responsible concerning the expiration date or the rain check.
- All reservations held using a rain check will be expected to pay a regular deposit at time of check-in.
- In addition, all rain check reservations will be subject to all provisions as set forth in our rental agreement and policies.
- Please note there are no refunds on price differences , and if there is a price increase guest will need to pay the difference . Then commercial snow removal companies will resume their schedule.
You will be expected to utilize the time that you have reserved with us, unless authorities have declared the area inaccessible. With MOST past fires there have been no inconveniences or disruptions to our staying guests.
If you have any questions or concerns before heading to Big Bear, please call us at 909-366-0089.
We have put a lot of attention and thoughtfulness into creating our policies.
Please be advised that we take them VERY seriously!
They have been developed with the thought of our customers care, as well as our lodge.
In order to maintain and provide quality lodging for everyone to enjoy year after year; we will implement any violation that may occur.
We hope that you realize the benefit this is for you and one of your most valued assets…
“MEMORIES WITH FRIENDS AND FAMILY”.